1.2 All the Good Ones Are...

Adaleigh quickly realized the hardest part about being a pioneer was that much of the time it was a lonely task. With the garden taking up much of her time, and the rest of the time conversing with locals and people who were interested in investing or moving to Newcrest, she felt very much alone in her endeavors. She began to make some steady friends, such as Summer Holiday who liked to come by and dish on her roommates.


"Summer, I understand that you and Liberty both really like Travis, but how is he going to know if neither of you says anything?"

"Well... you might have a point, Ada..."

But friends and gardens aside, the romantic in her was really hoping that she might be able to find someone who also shared her passion for the outdoors, for Newcrest. Unfortunately, while it seemed like there were many intriguing men in the area none of them were... well right.


"So, after the committee agreed I decided to start building a Park which will house its own greenhouse. That way people can appreciate the Fauna of the area."


Some were married.

"That sounds interesting I guess... My wife is always saying we need to spend more time outdoors."

Some too unattached. [I'm looking at you Don Lothario. Too busy to even stop walking by so Adaleigh could say hi.]

"Hey Ada, babe. How's plant life?"

 And some, although extremely available but just did not interest Ada at all.

"Ada, hey Tofu Dogs huh? Decide you want to eat plants as well as talk to them? Seems a little odd there hon."

"Trying to eat lunch, Noe."


And then she met him. Laurent Collins.

"Hey."

Adaleigh wasn't even sure what to say at first. All she could do was stare at him for a while. Then she tried to remind herself that she was the Mayor of Newcrest.

"Hi, I haven't seen you around before." she said. "I'm Adaleigh."

"Ah, Mayor McGinnis. I heard you frequented here." he smiled and Ada liked how the edges of his deep brown eyes crinkled. "I'm Laurent, Laurent Collins, prospective new Newcrester. I actually was hoping to pick your brain."

"Oh." That was new. "Of course."

He gestured to the seat next to him and she quickly sat down.


 "So sell me. Right now I live in Willow Creek and I am working at the Dish. But I need a new space that was inspires me. I have heard you have a garden, what's the quality? Is the ground here fetile?"

Adaleigh was taken aback as Laurent listed out parameters about the garden that she was fairly certain no one else had ever thought to ask.

"You certainly take this very seriously."

"Food is life, Ms. Mayor. I take life very seriously." She smiled. She couldn't help it. Laurent was quite interesting. "Well then. Why don't you stop by the Garden tomorrow and we will discuss... Life.


Authors note: Laurent is a creation of  the gallery who I found when searching for possible romantic interests for Adaleigh, as the townies who were spawning all seemed to be married or be... Noe, who neither Adaleigh or I were interested in. So thank you to them whoever they were since I searched again and could not find the one I downloaded! I love him.

Comments

Popular Posts