1.3 Mr. Mayor

Laurent became a regular visitor. After coming to see her gardens, he often made a point to drop by to talk. He was sweet and charming and Adaleigh really enjoyed his visitings.


"Laurent! Hey, you're in town again?"

"Yeah, I had the day off. So I thought I would stop by and see how the garden is coming along.


"The garden is coming along great actually, in fact...." she looked around. "I got some fresh strawberries if you want to take some home."

Laurent smiled. Most days that he came by usually there was some sort of produce ready for him to take home to cook and experiment with. Adaleigh didn't tell him but she always waited to harvest until really late in the day, just in case Laurent happened by.

She even found herself heading to the picnic area more often, even when she wasn't hungry to see if he was there.



Very quickly, from all their talks and their time together, Adaleigh realized. She had finally met the one person who understood why she was doing what she was doing. She finally got the courage to ask him on a date.


Adaleigh didn't really know what to do so they just sat on her bed talking most of the night. And then exhausted from her day out foraging, gardening and other wise talking to people she fell asleep right on the floor.

When she woke up from her small nap, she found Laurent leaning over her with a slight smile. "You know, if you were tired we could have made different plans. I know how hard you work."

"But I didn't want to make different plans. I really wanted to see you again." she said sheepishly as she brushed herself off.

"Well, I'm glad I came over but I'll call it a night." he hesitated a moment and the leaning over her brushed a gentle kiss across her cheek. "I'll call you tomorrow?"

"Yea."

The next day, Laurent and Adaleigh took a morning stroll down to the lake and....





They became official! Boyfriend and girlfriend for all of Newcrest to see.

And then a few weeks later, in the exact same spot. Adalegih proposed!


Sure, it was moving fast, but Adaleigh knew that he was the right one.


 And thankfully, Laurent agreed.




Comments

  1. I've noticed you havent had any comments so far and thought I would leave one. Loving your story so far. I'm glad she finally met someone who takes so much interest in her and her plans for Newcrest!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts